My 30gal build thread - an adventure in learning

BigBendBirder

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2021
Messages
30
Reaction score
89
Location
Austin, TX, USA
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. Finally getting around to starting my build thread. Better late than never, right?

May 2021 - How it started:
2127042-c394d7ce07f2a91ac3e60e72ef4a7879.jpg

Basically starting at a zero knowledge level here. I'd had freshwater tanks only up until this point, but not for many years.


May 2023 - How it's going:
20230505_193111.jpg
This has been one heck of a roller coaster ride so far. But I'm still very much enjoying watching and learning as things change. Have had some successes and failures, surprises, and plenty of what the heck moments. I have another major move coming up, so I'm holding off on my next big project: replacing the crushed coral substrate with sand, and doing a major buildup of the rock layout.

3-5 year plan: Upgrade to something 3x the size
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new