My 350 Litre RedSea G2+ Mixed Reef

iwnltom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your viewing this THANK YOU!

This tank has come along way, after starting off with a small 40 gallon mantis tank and not knowing what phosphates were, to the amount of knowledge and loving for this hobby I’ve picked up over the last 2 years! I’ve had this tank for about 10 months and have been so excited to stock it! So here it is, I know it doesn’t compare to the craziness lots of you have, but for me, and how expensive I’ve come to learn this hobby is, I love it! I’m defiantly missing a ton of stuff on this list but just general stuff incase people were wondering.

EQUIPMENT
- Red Sea 350 Litre G2+
- RSK AC-600 Skimmer
- 2x EchotechRadion XR15
- 2x Nero 3
- 2x Nero 5 (On the Way)
- Red Sea Reef Wave 45
- Red Sea ReefDose 4 Dosing Pump
- Your Choice Aquatics ATO
- 150 Phosban Reactor
FISH
- Gem Tang
- Tomini Tang
- Leopard Wrasse
- Yellow Tile Fish
- 40x Turbo Snail
- 25x Hermit Crab
- 10x Zombie Snail

IMG_1916.jpeg IMG_1918.jpeg IMG_1920.jpeg image.jpg image.jpg IMG_1825.jpeg 71942982076__70D9EF3A-F349-4AC5-8E15-60A18F859830.jpeg 71953685504__09B9B1D2-CA3C-42D9-B0AA-8F30B37E4B12.jpeg

BairCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lookin good! Love that branching hammer. Don't worry, your tank will fill in. This time next year you'll look back at this post and be like woah, what the heck happened. Good luck with the tank!

OP
OP
iwnltom

iwnltom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lookin good! Love that branching hammer. Don't worry, your tank will fill in. This time next year you'll look back at this post and be like woah, what the heck happened. Good luck with the tank!
Thank you much I really appreciate it to be honest ! And I hope so, I stocked it basically everything in one shot so nothings even remotely opened yet to begin with; if you don’t mind, I haven’t been in this hobby for long and was wondering like how good the equipment and everybting i bought is? Like is this considered top tier gear? Or is this nothing compared to some stuff

BairCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you much I really appreciate it to be honest ! And I hope so, I stocked it basically everything in one shot so nothings even remotely opened yet to begin with; if you don’t mind, I haven’t been in this hobby for long and was wondering like how good the equipment and everybting i bought is? Like is this considered top tier gear? Or is this nothing compared to some stuff
You got some of the best stuff imo. Ecotech is like the bread and butter of led lighting. Ai neros always amazing. Red sea is perfect for anyone. Now there are stuff that is like the Mercedes of reefing like abyz, royal exclusive, and nyos. But honestly, you set yourself up with a great kit. I've herd really good things about the customer support of your gear so I could see this tank lasting you 15 years no problem. Of course as long as you maintain your equipment. Clean pumps, wipe the salt off etc. But the companies make replacement parts and whatnot so again. I think you got a solid build here.

OP
OP
iwnltom

iwnltom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got some of the best stuff imo. Ecotech is like the bread and butter of led lighting. Ai neros always amazing. Red sea is perfect for anyone. Now there are stuff that is like the Mercedes of reefing like abyz, royal exclusive, and nyos. But honestly, you set yourself up with a great kit. I've herd really good things about the customer support of your gear so I could see this tank lasting you 15 years no problem. Of course as long as you maintain your equipment. Clean pumps, wipe the salt off etc. But the companies make replacement parts and whatnot so again. I think you got a solid build here.
Wow I didn’t even know those brands existed lol, I think Red Sea the Mercedes and the others are the rolls Royce of reefing by the looks of it but I’m very happy and thank you!

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: thanks for sharing.

How do you find the aquaforest dosing?

BairCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I didn’t even know those brands existed lol, I think Red Sea the Mercedes and the others are the rolls Royce of reefing by the looks of it but I’m very happy and thank you!
Absolutely! Rather jealous of the setup, eventually I'll build my dream setup and post it. (Probably like 6 years from now lol)

OP
OP
iwnltom

iwnltom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely! Rather jealous of the setup, eventually I'll build my dream setup and post it. (Probably like 6 years from now lol)
Yeah I’m lowkey looking into getting a nyos skimmer I her’ at they r top, and trust me, it just gets more expensive everyday. I bought the tank set up thinking « okay 5 grand for everything not bad … boy was I wrong. Slimmer- 600$- all pumps 2000$ total, lights 2000$, fish, coral, products. It’s a joke it’s like it never ends. I need another pump for flow and I csnt bring myself to spending more money on this ****

OP
OP
iwnltom

iwnltom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you I appreciate it and I hope so… everybting is starting to open up a bit but it takes forever for this stuff.. like watching paint dry lol

BairCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I’m lowkey looking into getting a nyos skimmer I her’ at they r top, and trust me, it just gets more expensive everyday. I bought the tank set up thinking « okay 5 grand for everything not bad … boy was I wrong. Slimmer- 600$- all pumps 2000$ total, lights 2000$, fish, coral, products. It’s a joke it’s like it never ends. I need another pump for flow and I csnt bring myself to spending more money on this ****
Well those nero 5s will definitely help out. May need to run both nero 5s and possibly both nero 3s to get a good water stirring. Be careful of too much flow tho, hammers and other euphillia will take some flow but not a lot, they'll close up or get beat up. The random flow is what I use on my nero and it's a good program. Can set your high and low speeds but you probably already know that having nero 3s already. Try and get with a local club if you can, frag swaps and gear swaps are great and gets your tank to the next level for cheap

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back