My 40g Quarantine Growout

jskidds2294

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first saltwater tank being used as a growout for my 3 blue/green chromis, and bristletooth tang “it’s a baby only 1.5 inches calm down tang police”. While my 6ftx2.5ftx2.5ft is being built.
I built a small dry rock cave, and used black Hawaiian sand, as my new tank will be Hawaiian themed and wanted the sand to be cycled. As for the cleanup crew it is currently only 8 blue leg hermits.
Hardware wise I am using a tidal 110 filter with the corse sponge, and filled the white tray up to the top with matrix in bags. I have a 500w titanium heater, with a digital thermometer. The wave makers are two AI Nero 5’s set to only 5% lol “yes I know insane overkill but I bought them in prep for my larger tank”.

Sorry for the crappy lighting. I’m holding off on getting good lights till I get corals for my big tank.
FF9C203C-D0E3-4F3F-886A-99586B4C8B37.jpeg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back