My 50 Cube

rjdasilva

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've moved all the softies into my wife's tank to create more room for for my sps (mostly montis) and have picked up a few chalice frags. Soon I'll be building a new stand for my cube as the one that came with the tank from cadlights is beginning to peel off its veneer. Particle board just doesn't hold up well to moisture. Although the tank is 24x24 I think I'd like to extend the length to hold my newly acquired Jebao doser (vodka, Cal, Alk, Mg). Lighting is by Ocean Revive which replaced my AI Vega (passed over to wife's tank for her softies). The inland California heat forces me to use a chiller (Teco 1/3 hp) but I've been able to quit using my Aquamaxx calcium reactor after the CR internal mix Sicce pump died within a year. I only have an 11 yr old Ocellaris, Royal Gramma, & 2 green Chromis). I was able to recently eradicate all the blue clove polyps that began to cover everything. Hope other reefers know what they're doing when they introduce this coral into their tanks. In the picture, you may be able to see my green M. Stellata, red M. Cap and Birdsnest taking off after I changed my lights.

OP
OP
rjdasilva

rjdasilva

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've moved all the softies into my wife's tank to create more room for for my sps (mostly montis) and have picked up a few chalice frags. Soon I'll be building a new stand for my cube as the one that came with the tank from cadlights is beginning to peel off its veneer. Particle board just doesn't hold up well to moisture. Although the tank is 24x24 I think I'd like to extend the length to hold my newly acquired Jebao doser (vodka, Cal, Alk, Mg). Lighting is by Ocean Revive which replaced my AI Vega (passed over to wife's tank for her softies). The inland California heat forces me to use a chiller (Teco 1/3 hp) but I've been able to quit using my Aquamaxx calcium reactor after the CR internal mix Sicce pump died within a year. I only have an 11 yr old Ocellaris, Royal Gramma, & 2 green Chromis). I was able to recently eradicate all the blue clove polyps that began to cover everything. Hope other reefers know what they're doing when they introduce this coral into their tanks. In the picture, you may be able to see my green M. Stellata, red M. Cap and Birdsnest taking off after I changed my lights.

c3a43f7e7ae4af5a44c735aa29d8f091.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back