My 55G reef tank "Easy build for a Lazy Guy"

OldGoat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So back in July 2016 we got a tank for free! whoopee!! Donation included the tank, stand, hood, HOB filters X2, power heads X2 and glass scrubbers X2.
Our intention is to be wonderful stewards of our tank and it's inhabitants without devoting the majority of our waking hours to anything other than viewing it.
20170227_161000.jpg

We immediately went out and bought a few hundred dollars worth of live rock and sand and water (yes we buy reef water instead of mixing our own....remember the "Lazy Guy" part of this post) and away we went! See profile pic for how the tank sat from then until Now (Feb 2017). We added 3 little Damsel Fish a few months ago but otherwise the tank was left untouched. The damsel's didn't last long for some reason.
This week I bought the Coralife Quad bulb T5 HO light fixture and a CUC. I got 2 Ninja Star snails, 2 Nasarius Snails, 2 hermit crabs and two "Misc. snails". After a couple weeks and a good water test at the LFS we intend to add a yellow tang first, then a Dwarf Lion and as many different Zoa and paly colonies as we can get away with. So.....with the Light, today is the first day of the rest of our tank's life!

OP
OP
OldGoat

OldGoat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after all the waiting and all the savings I got my lights and then got 4 Damsels....and then got ICH. So rather than continue on this journey with a management scheme, we are now in the ICH eradication business and the proud owners of a 20g QT. So we will start this adventure again 76 days from now :(.

20170315_222231.jpg

Back