My 60 gal mixed reef cube (building currently)

Tenelen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just rebuilt my 60 gal cube after it being down for about a year. It is currently at the end of the cycle and I should be stocking it shortly Don't mind my aquascape I am using the cycle to seed some rock for a nano tank I am building and my frag tank.

For lighting I am currently using the Aquatic life 24" Hybrid system with 2 AI prime for additional spectrum/par/color (I know there are better LED's but I had these from a previous build). The Hybrid has 2 Actinic+, 1 Blue +, and 1 Coral + mounted in my canopy at about 8 inches above the water.

I am using a Trigger Systems Emerald Sump 20 gal with a coral box skimmer and a eFlux pump.

image2.jpeg

OP
OP
Tenelen

Tenelen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your lightening schedule like?

Like when do your LEDs and T5 come on? I'm thinking about adding a hybrid light setup for my upcoming 40 build.

So for the t5's I have it on a 9hr schedule with an external timer from 2pm-11pm same with the LED's except for a 1hr ramp time. As for the AI spectrum settings I am using part of the A+ settings from BRS. UV 100% Violet 100% Deep Blue 80% Blue 80% and the rest are 0%. I don't have the lights on much at the moment since I don't have anything in the tank as I am at the tail end of my cycle.

Just_Pete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for the t5's I have it on a 9hr schedule with an external timer from 2pm-11pm same with the LED's except for a 1hr ramp time. As for the AI spectrum settings I am using part of the A+ settings from BRS. UV 100% Violet 100% Deep Blue 80% Blue 80% and the rest are 0%. I don't have the lights on much at the moment since I don't have anything in the tank as I am at the tail end of my cycle.
Makes sense not to run them now. I'm assuming you haven't had this light setup on your previous build? Just curious how the overall corals responded to the bulb configuration?

OP
OP
Tenelen

Tenelen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes sense not to run them now. I'm assuming you haven't had this light setup on your previous build? Just curious how the overall corals responded to the bulb configuration?

With the previous build I didn't have the the hybrid t5 I just had the AI Prime's. As for the AI Prime's all my LPS responded well to them and I had some awesome growth, but SPS struggled due to low par. So I took the SPS out of the tank and put it in my JBJ 30gal which had built in t5's with LED's and the SPS started growing better. With the new t5 setup with the Prime's my par ratings are much better and it will support SPS growth without issues. I had a Duncan colony that started with 2 heads explode into 5-6 within a few months but I also target fed all LPS I could.

OP
OP
Tenelen

Tenelen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank Cycled last week so I started stocking it!

2 Mocha Gladiator Clowns
1 Yellow Tang

IMG_2655.jpg IMG_2660.jpg IMG_2661.jpg IMG_2663.jpg IMG_2664.jpg IMG_2677.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back