My 60G Cube SPS Journey

  • Thread starter Thread starter P3FE
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1400547372.611115.jpg
 
Wanted to do my year and a half update on my tank. Like any SPS heavy tank I've had my challenges and learned a lot in the past year and a half. It has been a challenge to keep this tank thriving specially not being able to be home more than half of its life time to take care of it, I'm in the military so I've been gone a lot. Now that I'm finally home I should be able to make everything better, but at the end of the day the decision to go for high end equipment and automate everything has paid off. The tank has been on a schedule of weekly five gallon water changes and that's all. Right now I'm working on getting my nitrates up a bit, but I'm doing it by upping the bio load, more fish! Looking to add a couple of poopers once they are done with their quarantine time. I took a bunch of cellphone pics, here they are.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    939 KB · Views: 151
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    931.5 KB · Views: 155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    891.2 KB · Views: 157
More...
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    881.7 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    889.6 KB · Views: 164
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 150
More...
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 135
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    954.6 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,002.9 KB · Views: 121
Last ones...
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 116

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new