My 80 gallon reef!!!

Stubaca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been messing in the reef hobby for over 30 years now! Not telling my age! I have had many tanks over the years from a 200 gallon to 10 gallon. I have to say my favorite is my 80 gallon reef which I am currently revamping! I run (4) AI Vega lights connected to a Neptune Apex controller. I run (2) Tunze 6105 controllable power heads. My refugium is a Trigger Emerald 39. I use an Aquamaxx Cone S Q-3 In-Sump Protein Skimmer. I also use a Reef Octopus Bio-Pellet reactor. I have (2) bags of Chemi-Pure Blue and (1) large bag of Phosguard! I keep a variety of reef rock in the main display and use Marine-Pure in the refugium. I used live sand in main display and some rubble rock in the refugium. I run (2) 1.1 ml BRS Dosers with Alkalinity and Calcium. I use the B-Ionic buffer system through the two Dosers. I run a coral life uv from a previous 200 gallon tank. I know it's a little over kill on the uv but why not use it if I have it?? I also have a Tunze ato using a Kalk stirrer. Ph, calcium and alk seem to stay fairly steady this way! I change my filter socks about once a week and water changes every 2 weeks. I do about 30 gallons of water at change time! I use Sicce pumps for the bio-pellet reactor and main tank pump. This tank has been running about 2 years but about 2 months ago I had a system crash while away on vacation. So I am in the process of acquiring frags and regrowing again! Ugh... Lol. Anyway I will try to keep up with the progress. Cheers! (Pictures to come soon)

OP
OP
Stubaca

Stubaca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

OP
OP
Stubaca

Stubaca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also forgot to mention I just purchased the Neptune Apex Par Meter. Working very nicely and been recording par measurements. Also makes it extremely easy to adjust and change lighting through the apex fusion website! So far so good!!

OP
OP
Stubaca

Stubaca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral shipment from world wide corals came last Wednesday and everything is looking good! Nice frags all in good health! I will get some pics up soon!

OP
OP
Stubaca

Stubaca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to mention I changed some things around under the stand! I got the new echotek m1 pump! I am only using as a return but I do have to say it is very quiet and of nice quality! I also split my return and connected my bio-pellet reactor to it as well! Running great! Also got rid of the Sicce pump off the bio-pellet reactor and my tank has dropped an extra degree or 2! I will try to get some pics up soon of the changes and corals I placed around the tank!

OP
OP
Stubaca

Stubaca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some pics of things! Coral growth looking decent. Sorry but I have a crappy iPhone camera for these. Doesn't quite do any justice! But I tried! Lol....
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good.

You're an old reefer like me, and we both use Aqua-illumination. :D Nice sump area.

I like the three separate rock structures.

OP
OP
Stubaca

Stubaca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good.

You're an old reefer like me, and we both use Aqua-illumination. :D Nice sump area.

I like the three separate rock structures.

Thanks Tahoe61! Much appreciated. Yes been playing with these things for awhile! Lol... I am kinda digging the new hydra 52 HD's. Thinking about buying 3 of them! Then try and sell my Vegas! Cheers...

OP
OP
Stubaca

Stubaca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Emerald Trigger 39 Sump on 80 gallon rimless reef.
image.jpeg
My 2 BRS Dosers (calcium/alkalinity)
I dose B-Ionic
image.jpeg
My Reef Octopus Bio_Pellet reactor
image.jpeg
Aquamaxx Cone Q series 3
image.jpeg
3 X 4in filter socks (200 micron)
image.jpeg
Cheato in the refugium. 50 watt CFL daylight bulb
image.jpeg

OP
OP
Stubaca

Stubaca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Params looking good!
Calc 450
Alk. 9.5
Mag 1350
Po3 2ppm
Po4 0.02ppm
1.026 SG
Par 500 at water surface
AI Vegas 20k

OP
OP
Stubaca

Stubaca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also changed back to metal halide and t5's. Corals looking well!!! Will try and get some pics up soon!!

OP
OP
Stubaca

Stubaca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1176.JPG
IMG_1180.JPG
IMG_1188.JPG
IMG_1208.JPG
New stand build almost complete. Then I start another stand build for my new 180 gallon build!!!! So excited! Tank supposedly shipped yesterday!!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back