My 93g cube Reef

LittleBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I just joined this site and figured I would start a thread on my cube. How awesome is it that there is a section here dedicated just to cube tanks?! I love it!

It's a marineland cube with a drilled overflow. Overflow was custom made by my lfs. I just wanted a small simple overflow box. The stand is custom made out of oak. My husband and his dad built it for me :) it houses a 29g Rubbermaid sump. A glass tank won't fit in the stand so I went with the Rubbermaid and so far so good. It's been running a year with no problems. I run a reef octopus skimmer and have a smaller Rubbermaid bin to grow cheato in. Just drilled holes in the sides of the smaller bin so the water can flow through. For lighting I run one kessil a350w for right now. It does fine with one but I want to add more lighting just bc of how my rock scape is. It creates some shadows. I used all dry pukani rock and epoxy and siliconed it all together so I wouldn't have any worries about a rock slide. I do bi weekly water changes of 10%.

For live stock I have

Lyretail hogfish
New Guinea wrasse
Tamarin lined wrasse
Mccoskers flasher wrasse
Melanurus wrasse
Christmas wrasse
One spot foxface
Engineer goby

You can see I like wrasses lol

I want to get a pair of clowns and a small tang eventually.

For corals I have a variety. A few Montis, two Todd's torches, hammer, green nepthia, a couple zoa frags, meat coral, ricordia yumas, couple small acros. I just added my first rose bubble tip anemone yesterday. And I have a maxi mini anemone also. I think that sums it all up for now. I will post a short video I took today with my phone and later I will post some pictures when there isn't a glare from the sun on my tank.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post Youtube videos. If not I'm sorry.

Thanks for looking!

http://http://youtu.be/mxA1Gn9QTGc

Coral Dreams

ULTRA REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:) I have seen your tank on Youtube love it you do need more lighting, all you need is one more Kessil and your set. Again welcome to R2R

OP
OP
LittleBee

LittleBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks :) yes that video my lighting wasn't turned up all the way but I do agree I want to get some more lighting. But I don't want to spend another $500 on it. Thinking of adding supplemental t5s or par38s

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks :) yes that video my lighting wasn't turned up all the way but I do agree I want to get some more lighting. But I don't want to spend another $500 on it. Thinking of adding supplemental t5s or par38s

I am gonna be selling a pair of kessil a350w's soon if youre interested. I will probably sell the pair for $550 or a single for $300. only been used since october

tank looks great btw

OP
OP
LittleBee

LittleBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hubby takes care of the finances so I will have to check with him and see if we can afford it. $300 isn't too bad for one.

OP
OP
LittleBee

LittleBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1375561508.062179.jpg

ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1375561527.328629.jpg

ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1375561555.653248.jpg
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1375561586.696456.jpg

ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1375561608.487899.jpg

Here's some pics a friend took for me.

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Supplemental t5 would do you just fine IMO I use to run a 6bulb t5 until I bought a Chinese hybrid t5/led fixture and its doing well for my corals I won't get rid of t5 and it would be beneficial in 2 ways 1more par/light and 2nd better coloration out of your corals plus cheapier than buying another fixture

OP
OP
LittleBee

LittleBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is doing good with just the one kessil for now so I'm not in too much of a rush for additional night but I do want to add more eventually just to make it more pleasing to the eye and more coral placement options.

OP
OP
LittleBee

LittleBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And my new snowflake clownfish :) his name is either Drift(husbands idea) or Zippy(my idea bc he hasn't stopped zipping up and down the glass since I put him in!) either way he is adorable! I hope he hosts my RBTA anemone but I'm not getting my hopes up.

http://youtu.be/nw5iodB9MZ4

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 28 52.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back