My Acan got damaged

RaymondWilli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was messing with my rocks and a rock took off a little piece of my Acan, it's just a little piece and I was wondering if this happened to anyone else? And will it die or regenerate?

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was messing with my rocks and a rock took off a little piece of my Acan, it's just a little piece and I was wondering if this happened to anyone else? And will it die or regenerate?
I've had it happen before and it's a bummer. If your water parameters are good and the coral was doing good before the injury it should heal up. If our starts to die off you may try to dip it in a coral do (I really like coral rx) if possible. Good luck!

HaWrasser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if it starts declining do to a tissue injury i would say to try dipping it in an iodide dip like lugol's solution. i have and like coral rx but i find that it can be harsh on really fleshy lps like acans but still a good choice if you dont have anything else

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should be ok if you consider when they get fragged they are some times cut through the head, so as long as your water is good you will be ok.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 31 21.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 105 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.2%
Back