My Active Horse

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2012
Messages
12,807
Reaction score
3,714
Location
Wandering somewhere in NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please excuse the dirty tank. I skipped maintenance day today so it's a mess. This video is to show how active some seahorses can be. I have low flow in my tank. The power head that is seen is not in use. I turn it on every few days to blast the rock wall with flow to get detritus off.
[video=youtube;xsdH5KRdxxs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsdH5KRdxxs&feature=player_detailpage[/video]
 
Oh wow beautiful! I like the title! LOL!
 
Oh wow beautiful! I like the title! LOL!
Thanks!!!

Sweet! Hard to keep?
Honestly, they are pretty easy. The key is making sure the seahorse's needs are met. They need cooler water and other peaceful inhabitants. Also, it's important not to overstock the tank.
 
That's awesome!! Love these lil' guys! Thanks for sharing!
 
Very cool! I've always wanted to give seahorses a try
 
Very cool! I've always wanted to give seahorses a try

You should do it!!! They are pretty easy to care for. Although, I may be a little biased. ;)



In other news, I will be ordering 2-3 seahorses this week for delivery next week. I'm thinking of just ordering 2, but I am also considering having two pairs. I think my female will be happy either way.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new