My Anemone Relocated Suddenly....

HD_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the wife's anenome suddenly decided to relocate after at least 6 months of staying in the same place. Since nothing else changed in the tank, I figured something was bothering it, so the investigation started. Took about 15 seconds to find the problem after the lights had been off for 30 mins. There's a massive bristleworm and a bunch of smaller ones lurking around where the anenome was previously located. Took about 5 minutes to build the trap (most of the time trying to locate the straws in the pantry) and another 5 mins getting it in the tank. Checked it after 10 mins and there's already some activity! Can wait to see what I have caught in the morning! Unfortunately, while I was spying on the tank in the dark, I noticed an aptasia that will have to be dealt with as well!

IMG_0201.jpg
IMG_0203.jpg

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow amazing use of ur materials, Sorry to see your anemone moves especially if it was smack dab in the middle, Hopefully, he moves to a place still in sight. Also If you catch those bristles just throw them in the sump, They will love the detritus down there

OP
OP
HD_Reefer

HD_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow amazing use of ur materials, Sorry to see your anemone moves especially if it was smack dab in the middle, Hopefully, he moves to a place still in sight. Also If you catch those bristles just throw them in the sump, They will love the detritus down there
Nope, moved to the back right corner that's close to the wall, can barely see him. After this worm issue is cleared up, I point a little flow at him and he'll move back I'm sure.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 124 66.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back