My Arch Nemesis... Center Brace!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrooksReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BrooksReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
7
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats up R2R?!

I am setting up our new 135g reef, and it has a center brace. I was planning on putting a 60" ATI T5 fixture over it... do you think the center brace is going to cause a HUGE, UGLY, EVIL shadow on the reef? Would it be better to go a different route, like MH?

I do NOT want LED. Been there, done that. Love 'em, and hate 'em.

Thanks!
 
Whats up R2R?!

I am setting up our new 135g reef, and it has a center brace. I was planning on putting a 60" ATI T5 fixture over it... do you think the center brace is going to cause a HUGE, UGLY, EVIL shadow on the reef? Would it be better to go a different route, like MH?

I do NOT want LED. Been there, done that. Love 'em, and hate 'em.

Thanks!

The Center brace makes a terrible shadow unless you clean it every week to prevent the glass from hazing from the salt water.
 
I have a back brace in the middle of mine, using t5s and no shadow. You shouldn't have a problem either, I was using mh and had a shadow with the mh over the middle of the brace....it was too annoying, but it went away when I switched to t5.
 
No shadows with T5's, the only problem to me as far as a center brace is having to place corals, grab things that fall, or catch fish. THAT is when the center brace becomes a problem.
 
No shadow on mine either and it has a black center brace.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new