My auto feeder problem

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While adding the apex auto feeder i dropped literally the whole box of pellets into my 150G tank. My sand is filled with pellets. Im not home currently had to go to work. Its 5 months old lps dominant tank. Whats going to happen now?

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd imagine if the food is left in long enough to decay that it will cause a fairly large nutrient spike, possibly including an Ammonia spike.

You may want to do some testing of ammonia, nitrate, and phosphate; remove as many of the pellets as you can; and do water changes as needed to get any levels that are out of whack back into line.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd imagine if the food is left in long enough to decay that it will cause a fairly large nutrient spike, possibly including an Ammonia spike.

You may want to do some testing of ammonia, nitrate, and phosphate; remove as many of the pellets as you can; and do water changes as needed to get any levels that are out of whack back into line.
Thats a video i over reacted? Not sure

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While adding the apex auto feeder i dropped literally the whole box of pellets into my 150G tank. My sand is filled with pellets. Im not home currently had to go to work. Its 5 months old lps dominant tank. Whats going to happen now?
Vacuum it out as soon as you get home, otherwise you will have a large algae and cyano problem in about a week.

How do I know?

Experience.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back