My Barlett Delimma

  • Thread starter Thread starter Connie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2011
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
58
Location
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a pair of Bartlett Anthias for a couple of years now. About a week ago, the male scratched his eye and it has been very swollen since. He is still eating. He can't see well, but he goes for it anyway. Sometimes he misses..lol. Given enough time, I know he would heal on his own. Here's my problem. Since the male got injured, the female is morphing and has started bullying him. I can't catch him to put him in HT...he is still healthy and fast, but I fear his mate will be his demise. What do you think?
 
Bartletts are tough, they often turn male, you have been lucky to end up w/ two for this long.
 
Just an update. The little guy is still hanging in there. Eating well and still guarding his bad eye. The morphing mate has stopped bullying him. I'm hopeful he will make it.
 
Good to hear!
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new