My battery backup rough draft (gurus needed)

Groovyg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like quite an expensive set up.
I mean the optima battery is $300+ alone.

Do you have a schematic or photo i can see how you incorperated everything and what you're actually backing up with the inverter
a setup that can run everything for days and zero maintenance brother let me see if i can draw it up for you. mine in a self contained box i built to keep the kids out
backup only as good as the battery that is used
only as good

OP
OP
Saltyreef

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
battery backup only as good as the battery used
Optima aint the "best". It is the most expensive though.... lol. Their quality has slipped in the last 5+ years.

Also, Ive had duralast batteries out perform optima many times in the past in the automotive industry.

Groovyg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Optima aint the "best". It is the most expensive though.... lol. Their quality has slipped in the last 5+ years.

Also, Ive had duralast batteries out perform optima many times in the past in the automotive industry.
no fight from me here point is use a good agm with long runtimes for a back up system

OP
OP
Saltyreef

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no fight from me here point is use a good agm with long runtimes for a back up system
Agreed but.....Ill have much more than a single optima blue top in my system and much more runtime on my flow and heat.

Your battery is rated at 75AH max depending on model chosen.
It may be only 55AH. Running a whole system on a 1200w inverter backed by a 75ah battery will work great but im only trying to maximize flow and heat.

Ill have 70AH running a 500w inverter only for my heaters and 35AH for each 12v power head.

Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 39 47.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • None.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.8%
Back