My Bristle Worm Found in Two Pieces

NotSoLocalFishFan

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2024
Messages
15
Reaction score
3
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a very large bristle worm (about maybe 40ish or more centimetres?) living in my tank for a while now, they’ve never been a problem and I’ve quite enjoyed their existence but I just looked in my tank and found the poor thing split in half. It’s now in two pieces and I have no idea why it’s like this. Is it like an anemone and both pieces will live? Or is it kicked the bucket and I should remove the pieces. I’ve picked up one of the halves and it seems to like move around for a bit before stopping again, and the other bit is hiding in my rocks and I can’t get it out. Why did this happen? Water quality? Just at the end of its life? Will it be alright? Will both parts live like a split anemone or will just the side with the head survive?
 
Okay I managed to like nudge the one half in the rock and it’s reactive while the other half doesn’t seem to be. How can I tell which sides the one with the head? I want to know if it’s the tail that was chopped off and not responsive
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new