My Cleaner Shrimp Had Babies

  • Thread starter Thread starter cdness
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2009
Messages
3,986
Reaction score
153
Location
West Fargo, ND
What state or country do you live in
North Dakota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well a couple days ago I noticed there were eggs in my cleaner shrimp. Really a cool sight to see. They hatched last night and were little red dots swimming all over the place. The lights were out so the fish were all "sleeping" but the coral banded shrimp saw the opportunity for a feast. He was sitting where they were released, picking them off one by one.

Hopefully some survive, but I have heard it is a long shot to get any to live without a dedicated system. I don't have the time or room for that so it's a fish/shrimp feast I guess this time around. If any survive, anyone want to be in line for a free captive bred Fargo Cleaner Shrimp?
 
That's cool. I had that happen. Saw fish eating something one night. They were little red things. None of mine survived but good luck with yours.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new