My Cleaner Shrimp Is Missing

Mark Goode

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2022
Messages
915
Reaction score
1,631
Location
Market Harborough, England
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen him for over a week, so I assume he's gone to that big reef in the sky (though I haven't seen any bits of shrimp anywhere, so I may be wrong).
He went in the tank not long after I set it up, so getting on for four years. He was one of three, but the other two are long gone. I never knew they could live this long.
Shrimp (2).JPG
 
I’ve read that it’s typical for them to live 2-3 years but they can sometimes make it to 5 with exceptional care. Sounds like you did well with this one if it made it to about 4!
 
I think I've seen 3-5 year (aquarium) lifespan suggested as normal but mine never made it to 4 years.

My first one died after a bit over 3 years (rough molt) and 2nd disappeared after not much longer than 2 years.
*3rd in QT right now so we'll see how it goes
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new