my clown fish is only using one pectoral fin

Leemus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello r2r so I got a pair of clowns around two weeks ago and the more aggressive clown ended up killing the other nonaggressive clown. so I ended up getting him another clown and for him not to attack the new clown. I put him in a breeder box and I still have not taken him out of the box, but now I realized that the other clown is only using one pectoral fin to swim, and that started today because yesterday it was not happening, the fin also doesn’t look damaged in my opinion I’m just wondering if that’s normal for clown I don’t think it is. I linked the video so you guys can see for yourself. and a photo. The fish is eating a little bit.

IMG_1937.jpeg IMG_1938.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
hello r2r so I got a pair of clowns around two weeks ago and the more aggressive clown ended up killing the other nonaggressive clown. so I ended up getting him another clown and for him not to attack the new clown. I put him in a breeder box and I still have not taken him out of the box, but now I realized that the other clown is only using one pectoral fin to swim, and that started today because yesterday it was not happening, the fin also doesn’t look damaged in my opinion I’m just wondering if that’s normal for clown I don’t think it is. I linked the video so you guys can see for yourself. and a photo. The fish is eating a little bit.

IMG_1937.jpeg IMG_1938.jpeg

I dont see sign of injury but may be previous injury of mucus from early brook but video was only 14 secs and was fading in and out from camera trying to focus to clearly tell

OP
OP
L

Leemus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont see sign of injury but may be previous injury of mucus from early brook but video was only 14 secs and was fading in and out from camera trying to focus to clearly tell
he seems to be using his fin perfectly fine again. I was closely monitoring him for about an hour, and I didn’t see him use it not once so I got scared and posted on here, but he seems to be using it again perfectly fine thank you for the help.

OP
OP
L

Leemus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
never mind, he was not fine. He died when I woke up.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 24 36.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back