my clownfish harem tank

Terry DeMott

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2017
Messages
475
Reaction score
90
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 30 clowns and 12 anemone the only thing is I struggle with Pho and nitrate my pho is 2.50 and nitrates are over 1.5 I have tried pho-e , algae scrubbers, nopox and gfo also a refugium some of the stuff gets expensive . Does anyone have any ideas . thx.
 
I do 50 Gals every other wk
 
IMG_0223.JPG
 
Here is one of my anemones
 
Would love to see more of your tank.
You are running a skimmer?
 
Thank you.

I bet it's amazing to sit and watch all activity.
A UV would probably cut down on the film algae.
Are you feeding a lot of frozen?
 
Tank looks great, and that clam looks happy. I wouldn’t worry about changing anything.
 
I only feed frozen food to the anemones. Clownfish get Pellets Dry Hatchery Diet
 
I have 30 clowns and 12 anemone the only thing is I struggle with Pho and nitrate my pho is 2.50 and nitrates are over 1.5 I have tried pho-e , algae scrubbers, nopox and gfo also a refugium some of the stuff gets expensive . Does anyone have any ideas . thx.

What is your CUC? Do other species of fish successfully live with the harem? if so, what are they?
on the nutrients front you should check out the sugar method. you will have to increase the air volume
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new