My clownfish's eye changed colour

XxMysterioxX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently got a fish a week ago and we preformed our first routine water change today. Everything was going well but we had to turn the filter current off and this seemed to distress the fish. The light also wasn't working and it was flickering so we had to turn it off for the remainder of the day.

Later this evening when the fish was supposed to be asleep I noticed it swimming around in its tank. And the weirdest part was the outer part of the eye turned either white or light light blue. It's not cloudy or puffy so its not likely pop eye. I searched on the internet and couldn't find anything but a picture with no context.

I am new to this so is this normal or concerning and if so what is it and how can it be fixed?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Can you post a clear picture (sometimes tough to get), or a video?

Jay

OP
OP
X

XxMysterioxX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Can you post a clear picture (sometimes tough to get), or a video?

Jay
Hey, so this morning the fish woke up and was ok, waited throughout the day to see if it would come back, but it didn't. Good news, the fish got to its sleeping spot by morning but I'm still curious to see what this was. I am attaching a picture of a fish with a similar look of the eye (it was the one picture that I found). Thankyou!

XxMyserioxX

Attachments

• Same as Clown.jpg
    Same as Clown.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 19

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, so this morning the fish woke up and was ok, waited throughout the day to see if it would come back, but it didn't. Good news, the fish got to its sleeping spot by morning but I'm still curious to see what this was. I am attaching a picture of a fish with a similar look of the eye (it was the one picture that I found). Thankyou!

XxMyserioxX

That goldfish's eye is normal - the light blue tint is natural - an iridescent layer below the cornea.

Jay

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 61 43.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 48.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.5%
Back