OP
OP
tunedtank

tunedtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man and yeah that one I gave only had for about a month...it's suppose to be off the og pikachu colony...sucks though cause I have a bicolor angel in this system and she pretty much keeps the polyps on most of thsee tucked in during the day...I'm very soon to be moving these into a much larger system so maybe after that we can get some good polyp color going and some contrast pics

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow some awesome pieces you have there.

Can you share details about the tank (filtration/lights/dosing), bioload and what you are feeding the fish and corals daily? Thanks.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump for update. What sort of nitrate level are you running on this tank?

OP
OP
tunedtank

tunedtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I left you hanging @Sahin I changed I been working on getting my collection into a larger system and it is finally done...but to answer your previous questions I was running a reef octopus classic 150 int skimmer, and football sized chunk of cheato that was pruned weekly, the lights were sb reef lights with blue at 100% and white around 45 or so...these were getting between 375 and 450 par...I was running 2 jebao rw20's for flow so they were getting hammered with flow and bioload I would say was small although I feed a lot..there were a pair of gold bar maroons, a scopas tang, and a bicolor angel and that was all in about 80g of water...I like my nitrates to run between 10 and 20 ppm...also I dose 2-part b-ionic or brs which ever i have in hand with a doser and adjust mag as needed....I think that about sums it up.. if there are any other questions just let me know....

2 weeks ago I got everything into the new system that is being run very similarly with a larger bioload and 10 bulb t5 lighting instead. I'll have some updated pictures once things settle in but most everything hasn't skipped a beat...also the collection has grown exponentially...thanks for looking

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice very nice!

OP
OP
tunedtank

tunedtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @revhtree
@d_alder Tcsb is triton corals santa barbara, the guys name is henson.. he is an awesome trust worthy vendor with super nice corals..I have purchased from him multiple times and never once had an issue even some of the other rrc and rra pieces came from him..also I will post up a full tank shot soon as I get a chance like I said I just swapped everything over 2 weeks ago into a larger tank so soon as every thing settles down I will get some new photos and a fts. I have a lot of new pieces I'm wanting to show off any way..stay tuned

d_adler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @revhtree
@d_alder Tcsb is triton corals santa barbara, the guys name is henson.. he is an awesome trust worthy vendor with super nice corals..I have purchased from him multiple times and never once had an issue even some of the other rrc and rra pieces came from him..also I will post up a full tank shot soon as I get a chance like I said I just swapped everything over 2 weeks ago into a larger tank so soon as every thing settles down I will get some new photos and a fts. I have a lot of new pieces I'm wanting to show off any way..stay tuned

looking forward to watching your build and those beauty's grow

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back