My coral problems with sofites-uggh

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several soft corals.
So my GSP is great. I can move it around no problem.
My Sinularia doesn't liem to be moved. Also it is not so great with light change.
Anthelia also doesn't like being moved and Xenia almost melts when I move it.
Duncas seem fine.
Gorgonia also is easy to move.
Palythos also pretty easy.
I don't move them alot but I did a tank rearrangememt as I had too much rock.
So since then I've had to move the corals several times to get them to be happy. The Xenia and Anthelia will melt if I'm not careful. I have had Sinualria close for months so now I'm more careful with it.
Just sucks a little. I like the Sinularia and the Anthelia. I have my light on low blue to keep the whol tank happy. But before I moved things I have more white in the spectrum and more light in the tank.

OP
OP
H

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't do anything with measuring except for the salinity which I keep around 1.025. Everything was growing well. But I removed a bunch of live rock and relocated it to my sump so my Grouper could have more room. I also installed bigger pipes for my eels. My main gripe is that now I am keeping my lights low to not shock the moved coral. They seem to rebound when I lowe the light. But I had it higher.
I have a 120 gallon with a 125 gallon sump.
I am running two Maxspect Ethereals. Skimmer, power filters and Gyre pump.
I may find them all spots again. The main problem is the Xenia which I have melted but have gotten better at managing. The Sinualria also will close up if moved too much. The anthelia also will melt if shocked too much.

moldos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
constantly moving corals may cause them to stress more than just letting them adjust to a suitable spot

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't do anything with measuring except for the salinity which I keep around 1.025. Everything was growing well. But I removed a bunch of live rock and relocated it to my sump so my Grouper could have more room. I also installed bigger pipes for my eels. My main gripe is that now I am keeping my lights low to not shock the moved coral. They seem to rebound when I lowe the light. But I had it higher.
I have a 120 gallon with a 125 gallon sump.
I am running two Maxspect Ethereals. Skimmer, power filters and Gyre pump.
I may find them all spots again. The main problem is the Xenia which I have melted but have gotten better at managing. The Sinualria also will close up if moved too much. The anthelia also will melt if shocked too much.

You need to test the water

OP
OP
H

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the xenia doesn't like to be moved. things are stabilizing now. i only moved them to make more room for the fish. So the Sinularia is doing good. Anthelia too. Xenia is acclimating

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back