my ebay led grow lights

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
45w squareledgrowlight.JPG

I got a 45w square red blue grow light for $15 or so from ebay. I replaced the wife's twisty fluorescent 6500w bulb in a round reflector with this.

Just put some egg crate on the refugium and laid it in place. It fit almost perfectly.

Before the chaeto had been growing slowly like doubling ever few weeks or so. After one week with this light the chaeto had grown 3-4 times in size.

For those not aware BRS has a video where with a buco bucks grow light the chaeto took nitrates and phosphate down to unmeasureable levels and raised pH to 8.9. the latter is very important because it represents almost total reduction is CO2.

It was so successful that BRS is now using a dosing scheme, the refugium, and no water changes.

My experience indicates that the light made a real difference.

Will attach screen grab of the light I purchased. Although that specific light is probably no longer available, there are several similar lights still being sold for around $15.

my .02

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea this light is good a couple of us use it in our algea scrubbers with great results just be careful with the led drivers mine melted so after a swap with some higer quality ones all is good

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back