My Elos goes Atlantis

MAXreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for a major update....

Here is a link to my Elos as a full reef tank for a couple years: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/member-tanks/54365-maxreefers-elos-2nd.html

Having to travel more and more for work and a little ALK disaster while I was gone I decided to go a different route for now and for the first time ever I wanted to go FOWLR.
Always considered my Elos something special and coming from a reef tank I just couldn't live with a pile of rock and some fish. Therefore I wanted to create something funny and different and the "Elos goes Atlantis" theme popped up in my mind.
I moved all the corals to my frag tank still hoping they will recover at some point not they are in a more sterile and clean environment. Removed all sand and LR and cleaned up the whole system.
Then I started all over to get my FOWLR going.

The setup:

• Elos system 120 (47.24 x 22.5 x 19.69)
  • Elos cabinet with black doors
  • Elos sump
  • Skimmer: Elos PS1000.
  • Return pump: Sicce Syncra Silent 3.0
  • Lighting: Elos Aquatop with 4 LED stripes
  • ATO: Elos Osmocontroller Digital
  • UV Sterilizer: Turbo-Twist 6x 18Watt
  • Water movement: Tunze Wavebox and 1 x MP40
  • Controller: Full Apex
Still battling a bit the algae blooms I have due to being a newer setup. It comes and goes. One day it is all gone and the next day it is back. I don't worry to much about it for now.

i-nmnb7Mq-M.jpg

i-zHNgRb9-M.jpg

i-PFTZtmX-M.jpg

i-cf4xtbp-M.jpg

Installed also last Thursday a TurboTwist 6x 18Watt UV Sterilizer. For the size of my tank a 9 Watt probably would have been enough but the max. flow wasn't high enough to match my return pump and I didn't wanted to install an additional pump. By getting the 18 Watt I was able to plumb it on the return line. The first couple days I didn't see a huge difference but as of today the water is crystal clear.
Still need to clean up and arrange all the wiring btw.
i-MjNSTfG-M.jpg

i-ZWcrqj2-M.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HAHA I like it! Looks cool! :)

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
! love it. I have some legos and a few empty tanks.....i think you inspired me to setup a lego mollie acclimating lego tank! And i am a huge fan of people that have GSP in marine...did he come in freshwater??? every one I have ever had was bought as a freshwater fish that I rescued and re-homed. I had a walmart fish rescue spell there for a few months...It got out of hand lol. but Berry Nice tank!!! All fish I would gladly fill a tank with.

phys

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what kind of fish is the one that has the same body shape as a foxface rabbitfish? That one is awesome. Great tank too!

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very creative!! Love the fish!!

OP
OP
MAXreefer

MAXreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the kind words guys. Start to realize a FOWLR can be fun....

You forgot to list what Legos kit you used XD
lol....Lego's City of Atlantis

And i am a huge fan of people that have GSP in marine...did he come in freshwater??? every one I have ever had was bought as a freshwater fish that I rescued and re-homed. I had a walmart fish rescue spell there for a few months...It got out of hand lol. but Berry Nice tank!!! All fish I would gladly fill a tank with.
The GSP was already acclimated to saltwater when I got him from my LFS

cool concept. how long has the tank been up?
Running for about 2 months now

Quick video. Just click on the picture below to watch the vid.
It is in 720p HD and might require a fast connection
Enjoy

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 93 41.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 112 50.2%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.1%
Back