My equipment disappears in GHL CC constantly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Buddah001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whenever I close out of my GHL CC my equipment disappear. Although it is only Profilux 4 and the Profilux 4 WiFi. I put them back every time but if I disconnect and close the program and re-open GHL CC they are not listed. I do click save changes every time. Can someone please let me know what I need to do so they don’t disappear every time.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Just to reassure you, no data is lost as the GCC app is a front end that reads the devices current configuration, on connect. Understand it’s inconvenient... let’s see if we can’t figure this out.

The connection settings disappearing are either:
* a profile(install) issue
Or
* GCC saves the connection details on application close, so if it crashes due to a premature device disconnect, it won’t save your connection details.

Try re-creating your connection details, and closing GCC, before connecting. Then relaunch GCC and see if that resolves the issue.
If same issue, try reinstalling, sometimes turning any Anti-Virus, anti malware software off prior to install helps.. depending on the AV client.

OP
OP
Buddah001

Buddah001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Just to reassure you, no data is lost as the GCC app is a front end that reads the devices current configuration, on connect. Understand it’s inconvenient... let’s see if we can’t figure this out.

The connection settings disappearing are either:
* a profile(install) issue
Or
* GCC saves the connection details on application close, so if it crashes due to a premature device disconnect, it won’t save your connection details.

Try re-creating your connection details, and closing GCC, before connecting. Then relaunch GCC and see if that resolves the issue.
If same issue, try reinstalling, sometimes turning any Anti-Virus, anti malware software off prior to install helps.. depending on the AV client.

Marco this is happening on my pc. All anti virus and malware programs are disabled. Had to do this when I initially installed GHL CC to perform the firmware update.
It worked fine when initially set up and the first few days on it and then mysteriously they are gone every time

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which version are you running? If you open GCC, the blue question mark in the top right corner will open a dialog box that shows the version.

It sounds like uninstalling GCC & reinstalling the latest version is the way to go... Give that a try :)
You'll find the latest version on the downloads site: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads/

OP
OP
Buddah001

Buddah001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which version are you running? If you open GCC, the blue question mark in the top right corner will open a dialog box that shows the version.

It sounds like uninstalling GCC & reinstalling the latest version is the way to go... Give that a try :)
You'll find the latest version on the downloads site: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads/
948B9E6C-F8B1-4E82-BCB5-0B082C2E1B30.jpeg

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re a few revisions out. Go ahead and uninstall, then install the newest version. Add the connections... and see how that does for you.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There have been a few revisions since January 16th?
How frequently do updates come out and does it update automatically?

1.1.0.7 -> 1.1.1.1
We/GHL Equipment or software does not auto update.
Due to the fact that we have a number of customers in air-gapped environments, GCC(never) or the devices do not communicate with the world unless specifically told to do so.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good question I’d like to know the answer also

Due to the recent KHD/Maxi release, updates to both GCC and device firmwares have been released.
As we implement optimizations, additional features and logics based on feedback and product road maps.

OP
OP
Buddah001

Buddah001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re a few revisions out. Go ahead and uninstall, then install the newest version. Add the connections... and see how that does for you.

It worked thank you for your help but I was reluctant to download that version when I received my P4 as it states “Beta version for test purposes only and that can’t be guaranteed “

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to the recent KHD/Maxi release, updates to both GCC and device firmwares have been released.
As we implement optimizations, additional features and logics based on feedback and product road maps.

I'm all for additional features.

So how often should a user with expect to have to update?
If you Profilux is connected with a lan cable (and devices are connected to the Profilux) is it a matter of seeing a little "updates available" type icon and clicking on it, then things update and reboot?

Or is it more like a connect via USB, download update to PC, install update, make sure drivers are Updated, reboot in sequence?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back