My experience with my ReeFi Uno 2 Pro’s

MGarvo2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wrote this in response to question in another thread. I wanted to share for the sake of getting knowledge of this product more readily available to the reefing community. Here goes:

I wanted to share my experience with my 2 ReeFi Uno 2.0 Pros. The pics are of my build I finally got wet about 2 weeks ago, as well as current settings. My prior experience is with a standard 120G using lights similar to Viparspectras.
First, the developer/owner is personally vested and responsive to questions over Facebook Messenger. He has answered any questions within a day. During the ordering and shipping process, everything happened exactly as he said. This quickly calmed my nerves over sending $1K to a company I hadn’t known before.
The interface allows any customization option I can dream up. I’ve had some frustrations with certain aspects of the interface, such as reloading changing light levels as they are happening, but I believe this is more due to the interface being android/PC based and using my iPhone for setting and tweaking. Whatever the cause, closing Safari and restarting always has corrected it immediately. I’ll also add that my tech wizardry is poor. It took some learning, but it wasn't ridiculous.
To your first question, as you can see, my peak power is 68 watts. Both of the pics I included are at a much lower setting (one is moonlight setting with a flashed pic). The Uno 2’s have 270W available. I am certain I will eventually work my way to the 120-130 watt range for my peak output levels, but that still uses only 1/2 of the potential output. I maxed them out just for kicks a couple days after things were up and running. No BS, it truly reminded me of bright, tropical sunlight.
For reference, my current tank is a custom 140G 48”Wx30”Dx22”H. I have 2 illuminating the whole tank. I am using the mounts which he sells as an optional combo package with the lights. Being 30”D, I’d had trouble finding a light/mount combo that would ensure nice, centered, and adequate coverage. I can’t recall where I saw it, but the specs I saw say it can center the light over a 32”D tank.
Side glare is nearly non-existent. The lights come with 2 reflector inserts. I am using the factory installed 90 degree reflectors. He also has 2 other reflector angles available. So the question asking about a comparable study in the BRS series style isn’t necessarily a full assessment of the potential for Uno 2’s, unless they measured with each of the 4 available reflector angles. Of course, this also impacts the optimal distance from the water surface.
My lights are currently right about 12” from the surface, which puts them at a little over 6’ high from the floor. Sitting on our couch about 10’ away, with the lights in my peripheral vision while watching TV, they are absolutely not distracting. In fact, sitting at the fold out table on my stand is visually very comfortable.
Finally, shimmer. Beautiful. As my experience isn’t vast, I can’t speak to comparisons to Kessils or other lights. I know some feel the shimmer from Kessils is almost too much. In my opinion, the shimmer with my current setup is readily noticeable, but nowhere close to distracting. Everyone’s preference likely being different, mine appreciates Uno 2’s.
Again, I do not claim to be a lighting guru, but I took the time to write this whole post because I believe in the amazing value of these lights. The price is way more than fair given what they deliver. I would recommend them to virtually anyone. I wouldn’t be remotely surprised if they could very adequately light an SPS dominate tank to a depth of 48”.
If any further reference is needed, the homepage for ReeFi has thorough videos and info.

IMG_1329.jpeg IMG_1261.jpeg IMG_1242.jpeg

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the write up! I have viparspectras over a 125 and they do a fantastic job. However, when the time comes to upgrade (not that i have to), I was heavily considering these. Everyone says great things about the lights performance and the customer service.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 94 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back