1 or 2 Reefi Uno 2.0's?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Double up anything that a LED manufacturer recommends if you plan on having colonies (shadowing) and/or higher light corals. Frags do not shadow as much, so you an always add more later, but then sometimes the models do not match if you wait too long.

fushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm looking to go with Reefi Uno 2.0 lighting. The tank I am looking to build has a 36" x 24" footprint. New to LED so not sure about the spread. Wondering if I will need 1 or 2. Thoughts?
I would go with 2 if you plan on filling up the tank with coral as the Uno 2.0 doesnt have the best spread and a single unit will give a lot of shadows.

However I will say I really like my Uno 2.0. The interface may not as pretty as ecotech mobius but is super easy to use, fast and logicaly set up. It is also extremely powerful compared to my xr30, kessil, and gnc.

If you are open to a mixed light set up I would recomend 2 Quanta bars and 1 Reefi Uno 2.0. That way you can spread out the bars to fill in the shadows but get the power and spectrum of the Uno.

Or maybe 1 quanta pro bar and 1 uno.
Or 1 quanta bar and 2 Uno 2.0. There are endless possibilities lol

tnutz extrusions has the cheapest cut to order aluminum extrusions for mounting.
quanta bars

Last edited:

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Daniel has an Uno Pro now. His site is hard for me to navigate. But he does "print" different brackets. I am doing a wall mount for one tank. And on my 6 foot tank going to do a bar across the tank with Uno pro lights. He prints his own brackets and has a site to go to for purchasing the rod. He also has a photo that shows that it does not sag in the center. He is easy to talk to.

His photo shows how you can spread the lights out in many way. I will try to attach it here later.

Shelley

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully this shows up. You do not need this many lights. He just has them there to show different ways of putting lights up. Please don’t think anyone needs this many lights.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1707261961524.jpeg
    FB_IMG_1707261961524.jpeg
    185.1 KB · Views: 32

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you can see you can do a spread of his lights many different ways. I will start with 4 over my tank. And add as/if needed. I plan on adding more sps corals over time. I have 2 regal angels that sometime think corals are a tasty treat. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: I do keep SPS under the larger version of ReeFi's lights. Even a crocia clam for a year now. These are in a different tank without my Regals.

Shelley

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back