Fiji Cube 76EXT Shallow

fushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tank Restart on Page 2

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

With my new Tank driving next week I though id start its build thread.

I purchased most of the equipment on Black Friday and am now just waiting on the tank.

So far I have purchased

Fiji Cube 76EXT Shallow
Neptune apex
(2) GNC Blue Ray Pro
Coral Box DCA9,000
Coral Box Battery Backup

Last edited:
OP
OP
fushi

fushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does anyone have suggestions on where to find some grey schedule 40 or 80 pvc? My home depot only carries it in white and shipping isn't cheap on the online websites I have seen.

PanhandleReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered colored pvc online at Home Depot. They have options online that they don't carry in the store and you can have it sent to a local store free for pick up. You can also buy it from BRS and get free shipping, but it's more expensive.

OP
OP
fushi

fushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ordered colored pvc online at Home Depot. They have options online that they don't carry in the store and you can have it sent to a local store free for pick up. You can also buy it from BRS and get free shipping, but it's more expensive.
Home depot doesn't have grey but it looks like they have black so that will have to do.
Thank you for the help.

certain_code

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just out of curiosity, did you get your tank yet? I have been having a heck of a time with the freight company Fiji uses and my tank is essentially 'lost' right now somewhere in their system nearly 2 weeks afters the original delivery date.

Looking forward to seeing your build either way :)

OP
OP
fushi

fushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just out of curiosity, did you get your tank yet? I have been having a heck of a time with the freight company Fiji uses and my tank is essentially 'lost' right now somewhere in their system nearly 2 weeks afters the original delivery date.

Looking forward to seeing your build either way :)
Unfortunately it was delayed also, there was a mix up in the version (int/ext) they had available to ship so they said it would most likely ship in January. :/

Cant wait to see your build

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following, like those dimensions and would like to build something similar after the move.
FYI Their site list it as pre-order and shipping in January 2022

OP
OP
fushi

fushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Following, like those dimensions and would like to build something similar after the move.
FYI Their site list it as pre-order and shipping in January 2022
Yes, I contacted them about preordering when they first ran out so I believe I will be getting the first 76ext off the next shipment. They thought they had an extra one in the warehouse for me but it ended up being a INT.

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have suggestions on where to find some grey schedule 40 or 80 pvc? My home depot only carries it in white and shipping isn't cheap on the online websites I have seen.
I typically go to Lowes to find the SCH 80...if not then Aquarium Speciality online out of South Carolina

OP
OP
fushi

fushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I typically go to Lowes to find the SCH 80...if not then Aquarium Speciality online out of South Carolina
Thank you for the suggestion, I’ll defiantly check out aquarium speciality. I ended up getting a different color from homedepot, grey was either out of stock or overpriced with shipping.

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at either the Fiji 108g INT package (black) as my personal graduation gift or the waterbox equivalent in size this summer..a reason to spend money..

OP
OP
fushi

fushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am looking at either the Fiji 108g INT package (black) as my personal graduation gift or the waterbox equivalent in size this summer..a reason to spend money..
There have been mixed reviews of the fiji cubes so ill deffenitly post my review when it arrives. Waterboxes have gotton so expensive which is why I went with fiji.

OP
OP
fushi

fushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Life has been very busy the last couple of weeks and I haven't had a chance to update this thread, so here is a quick summary.

The tank arrived and looked great, the local carrier was very nice and helped me get it into the garage.
After taking everything out of the box I did notice the finish on the stand was not as good as my red sea, there are little chips on some of the edges and some of the nut inserts were not set in the wood correctly. Upon assembling, I noticed it was missing a few screws and locking cams. I contacted Fiji cube through facebook messenger and they were very quick to respond, but it took about a week for the missing screws to arrive. They also sent me a few little extras for the inconvenience and finish issues I told them about. The included fittings package didn't come with the nicest bulkheads so I would recommend just buying your own fittings. The tank was nice, with no scratches, thick glass, and silicone was pretty clean.

The GNC lights are good so far, having to control them through its own wifi network sucks but all in all Im happy with them. I plan on adding a Quanta UV bar when they are released for a little extra pop.

I have also sent out an icp today so I can start this tank on RM day one, I used redsea blue (commerical bag) salt.

I have an old INT110 skimmer in it now but was thinking about getting a Maxspect JUMP, does anyone else have any reasonably priced DC skimmer recommendations?

For the fish I was planning on moving my blue tang in and adding a few purple queen anthis. Any other recommendations?

tempImageuJorBs.jpg
tempImagekZlVLR.jpg
tempImage5BDDUt.jpg
tempImageJajPC2.jpg
tempImagesKBRFT.jpg
tempImageF637mD.jpg
tempImagekh52VH.jpg
tempImagez0E3qo.jpg
tempImageCDnJ1d.jpg
tempImageNKwHZj.jpg

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Life has been very busy the last couple of weeks and I haven't had a chance to update this thread, so here is a quick summary.

The tank arrived and looked great, the local carrier was very nice and helped me get it into the garage.
After taking everything out of the box I did notice the finish on the stand was not as good as my red sea, there are little chips on some of the edges and some of the nut inserts were not set in the wood correctly. Upon assembling, I noticed it was missing a few screws and locking cams. I contacted Fiji cube through facebook messenger and they were very quick to respond, but it took about a week for the missing screws to arrive. They also sent me a few little extras for the inconvenience and finish issues I told them about. The included fittings package didn't come with the nicest bulkheads so I would recommend just buying your own fittings. The tank was nice, with no scratches, thick glass, and silicone was pretty clean.

The GNC lights are good so far, having to control them through its own wifi network sucks but all in all Im happy with them. I plan on adding a Quanta UV bar when they are released for a little extra pop.

I have also sent out an icp today so I can start this tank on RM day one, I used redsea blue (commerical bag) salt.

I have an old INT110 skimmer in it now but was thinking about getting a Maxspect JUMP, does anyone else have any reasonably priced DC skimmer recommendations?

For the fish I was planning on moving my blue tang in and adding a few purple queen anthis. Any other recommendations?

tempImageuJorBs.jpg
tempImagekZlVLR.jpg
tempImage5BDDUt.jpg
tempImageJajPC2.jpg
tempImagesKBRFT.jpg
tempImageF637mD.jpg
tempImagekh52VH.jpg
tempImagez0E3qo.jpg
tempImageCDnJ1d.jpg
tempImageNKwHZj.jpg
You are much nicer than me. If I were sent that stand, I would have fijicube send me a new one immediately

OP
OP
fushi

fushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You are much nicer than me. If I were sent that stand, I would have fijicube send me a new one immediately
I got it on sale for so I kinda just blamed myself for buying cheap.

It was $2070, in hind site I should have spent the extra 300 on the waterbox but I really wanted the external overflow.

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like this tank but those finishes on the stand are unacceptable.

Looking forward to seeing how it progresses. What are you doing for scape, dry/live rock?

OP
OP
fushi

fushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I really like this tank but those finishes on the stand are unacceptable.

Looking forward to seeing how it progresses. What are you doing for scape, dry/live rock?
I should note that you can’t see the majority of the stand imperfections once its built, but I shouldn’t have to see any.

Dry rock, I already made a few structures but aren’t happy with them so I think I’m gonna tear them apart and make a shelf on the left and small mini bommies on the right.

What would you do?

59887C6D-4E5B-42A3-8BF5-8E6152DB4236.jpeg

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow...this is awesome and troubling at the same time. I was contemplating between water box and fiji...I like the Fiji because of the price and their sump systems..I am looking at the 108g INT with sump...hoping and praying that Waterbox goes down in price

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back