My first acropora show off (?) + help id

noobjelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B49A699D-2558-47AE-BCC9-3C43C6463BBF.jpeg

Thank you for all attention to reading my post.

This is my first and beloved acropora. I think it’s one of the toughest acros i ever had. It survived bleaching, stn and my bad mistakes many times and still have really great coloration today.
Can someone identify this acro ?

The growth between last two pics is not ideal because I don’t give my enough attention to take care of my tank during April - late May :( I didn’t do routine water changes and test the parameters. Alkalinity was gone between 5-6 dkH, nitrate was too high to detect (hanna) and phosphate was ~0.1 ppm (hanna). There was big mess and that’s all my fault. But now, I realize what should i do, what do they need and I just want to give my best to take care of them.

Pictures was taken by iPhone 11 camera with no color filter lens, but there are some warmth and tinted adjustments to looked more real.
My tank is 15 gallons run with 2x AI prime. Filtration: internal filter with coarse sponge (EHEIM miniUP). no sump, skimmer and auto dose.

Thank you again ! for reading my post. There may be some mistakes in my English skills so I really sorry about this. I hope all of you have a nice day. :D

OP
OP
noobjelly

noobjelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all replies.
375C71F5-59C0-4AE8-BE36-E842C6931164.jpeg

This is my tank looked-like. It’s very simple mixed reef that half dominated by soft corals (especially leathers!). Sorry for dirty glass, I’m too lazy.
For my maintenance I do daily 10-20% water change and clean my filter sponge every 2-3 days. I supplement elements using red sea skeletal elements foundation 2 times per day because there are HUGE alk and trace elements consumption that daily water changes can’t satisfy my pets.
For feeding/nutrition, I do broadcast feeding my tank everyday when the light just turned off with 1/2 cubes of each brine shrimp, chopped mussels and copepod or cyclops along with 1 small scoop of powdered coral food (new life spectrum reef cells). Those sounded too much for 15 gallons tank with undersized filtration. But there are greedy inverts that ready to feed like emerald crab, whole army of mysis shrimp, sun/cup corals and other LPS, Thalassianthid anemone, palys, mussels and clams. Most of feed will turn into poop in no time.
F9B2C896-2714-4D5F-ACDA-571DF69F2C12.jpeg

Night & feeding time yay! :D BE48FE2A-4332-45CA-9CC3-19BCB2052C24.jpeg
Here is the original shot of my acro with others corals.

Last edited:

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B49A699D-2558-47AE-BCC9-3C43C6463BBF.jpeg

Thank you for all attention to reading my post.

This is my first and beloved acropora. I think it’s one of the toughest acros i ever had. It survived bleaching, stn and my bad mistakes many times and still have really great coloration today.
Can someone identify this acro ?

The growth between last two pics is not ideal because I don’t give my enough attention to take care of my tank during April - late May :( I didn’t do routine water changes and test the parameters. Alkalinity was gone between 5-6 dkH, nitrate was too high to detect (hanna) and phosphate was ~0.1 ppm (hanna). There was big mess and that’s all my fault. But now, I realize what should i do, what do they need and I just want to give my best to take care of them.

Pictures was taken by iPhone 11 camera with no color filter lens, but there are some warmth and tinted adjustments to looked more real.
My tank is 15 gallons run with 2x AI prime. Filtration: internal filter with coarse sponge (EHEIM miniUP). no sump, skimmer and auto dose.

Thank you again ! for reading my post. There may be some mistakes in my English skills so I really sorry about this. I hope all of you have a nice day. :D
Nice looking acros!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 49 25.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back