My first Aquashella trip

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely on the corner by the entrance. I couldn't believe the prices they had. So cool your son got a free one!!! i had the hardest time choosing what color I want lol
That may have been North American Coral Labs. He is local to DFW and is at all the frag swaps. He usually has a big selection of RFAs and they are usually in the $30 range. Hard to say though, there were a lot of vendors with them.
I was happy to see Coral Stop there. I follow them on facebook and he always has what appears to be a great selection of rarer zoas. I kept asking if he was going to finally make a show down this way since he is in the Chicago area. His corals didn't disappoint and had some great prices, especially on his torches.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So at Dallas, the line to get in blew me away at first, but it really did move quickly…. Like less than 30 minutes. But the prices were not bad. $30 bucks each for early bird access. So once I got in the doors, I’d say we were there for about 4 hrs and saw everything I wanted to see. Now if I had went with some friends and wanted to see the speakers and such it would have been an all day trip and possibly a 2 day trip… but with my wife and limited fun money it was definitely a good day. I will say, you could probably get the early bird ticket and show up an hour after doors open and get in with little to no line.
IMG_5078.jpeg
I forgot to mention in my previous post that the first Aquashella here was a nightmare from an entrance standpoint. The police/firemen shut down the entrance because the building was at capacity so people had to leave before more people were allowed in. I was in line for a couple of hours and the entire line was outside. Of course it rained on us some and then it was very hot and humid. Also, I read a lot of people didn't ever get in. I think that was because they had not pre-bought tickets online.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of RFA and they don’t bother anything!
Did you happen to get the prices of clams from Clam Mania? His booth was so crowded when I went by and then forgot to go back and ask prices. His prices were insanely expensive at RAP so I was wondering if there were any better now. If I remember correctly he was saying $250 for a 1" to 1 1/2" crocea at RAP.

To(meany)Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That may have been North American Coral Labs. He is local to DFW and is at all the frag swaps. He usually has a big selection of RFAs and they are usually in the $30 range. Hard to say though, there were a lot of vendors with them.
I was happy to see Coral Stop there. I follow them on facebook and he always has what appears to be a great selection of rarer zoas. I kept asking if he was going to finally make a show down this way since he is in the Chicago area. His corals didn't disappoint and had some great prices, especially on his torches.
Did they have torches like $50

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did they have torches like $50
I think so. His golds were $100. I got one he said he had been growing for several years. I'm currently torch crazy but my budget won't allow the ones I really like. One local garage seller was there with a bunch of high end ones. I think they ranged from $700 to $1800. Almost all were sold when I went by his booth around noon. I guess the big spenders did the VIP. Another local guy had already sold a purple monster shroom and I think it was close to $2k.

OP
OP
mrpontiac80

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention in my previous post that the first Aquashella here was a nightmare from an entrance standpoint. The police/firemen shut down the entrance because the building was at capacity so people had to leave before more people were allowed in. I was in line for a couple of hours and the entire line was outside. Of course it rained on us some and then it was very hot and humid. Also, I read a lot of people didn't ever get in. I think that was because they had not pre-bought tickets online.
That sounds horrible :confounded-face:

OP
OP
mrpontiac80

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you happen to get the prices of clams from Clam Mania? His booth was so crowded when I went by and then forgot to go back and ask prices. His prices were insanely expensive at RAP so I was wondering if there were any better now. If I remember correctly he was saying $250 for a 1" to 1 1/2" crocea at RAP.
I didn’t. I overheard some interested people saying 100-150 but I couldn’t tell you which ones they were looking at

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back