D

dmward1978

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
74443CD4-BEBF-4F04-ABBC-40891811E0D5.jpeg
Bonded Pair of Frostbite Subzero ocellaris from sustainable aquatics. By way of Nova Tropicals!!

greefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D021A5B5-C41C-4025-9A6E-5CD0D18CCFD8.jpeg

So I got the cube filled today! About 18 gallons after all the sand and rock displaced some water. Used Caribsea Aragalive Special Grade Reef.
Dosed with fritz turbo 900.

Avast ATO was super easy to set. Just set where I wanted it. Disconnected the RO tube from the switch box and let the water find it’s level in the sensor tube. Then plug the RO tube back into the control box. Done. Now if the water in the tube drops the pressure switch activates the pump and fills the tank!

Still trying to figure out how to turn the AI Prime off without just unplugging it. ‍♂️
You can’t turn it off.

OP
OP
D

dmward1978

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So The SA Frostbite Subzero Clowns are in the tank. They are doing super well. Good feeding response. I also added 2 little conchs and 2 nassarius snails to pick up the dropped Mysis the Clowns don't catch.

Water parameters are looking good. Ammonia and Nitrite is at 0, Nitrate is about 25 and phosphate is .06. So those need a little help. I am going to be installing a Poseidon Reef Systems Chaeto Reactor to bring down the Nitrates.

I like the idea of the chaeto reactor as it is controllable. If its stripping out too much nitrate, then i can reduce the photo period and remove some chaeto. Likewise I can increase the photo period to pull more nitrate.

OP
OP
D

dmward1978

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the Poseidon Reef System Chaeto Reactor installed today! Pretty simple. I’ll test in a few days and see if it’s had any nitrate and PO4 impact.

Also digging the reefglass skimmer. Right off the bat it was less temperamental than the nano k1. It’s already stripping out light skimmate.

OP
OP
D

dmward1978

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A week ago I put 2 containers of EcoPods from Algaebarn in the tank. I wasn't hopeful that they would establish. I've been feeding Oceanmagik phytoplankton. But today i noticed little swimmy motile things in the tank. They are everywhere!!

So Pod population is on the way!! They are even in the Chaeto Reactor!!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back