My First ICP Analysis - Any Suggestions?

mckinney0171

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my first ICP analysis and want to review these figures with some experts. A couple parameters (Sulfur especially, but also Aluminum, and Chromium) seem out of whack. I wonder if these are something to worry about. I plan to send another sample to ATI in a week or so to make sure the results show similar readings. My salt mix is Instant Ocean Reef Crystals.

I expected high Calcium as my level was high and I was bringing it down naturally. Iron is probably high because of the Red Sea test that causes you to dose high to get a test result.

Any other potential problems I should track here?

I appreciate the help.

-Chris

IMG_4503.PNG
IMG_4504.PNG

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my first ICP analysis and want to review these figures with some experts. A couple parameters (Sulfur especially, but also Aluminum, and Chromium) seem out of whack. I wonder if these are something to worry about. I plan to send another sample to ATI in a week or so to make sure the results show similar readings. My salt mix is Instant Ocean Reef Crystals.

I expected high Calcium as my level was high and I was bringing it down naturally. Iron is probably high because of the Red Sea test that causes you to dose high to get a test result.

Any other potential problems I should track here?

I appreciate the help.

-Chris

IMG_4503.PNG
IMG_4504.PNG
I like your idea of sending for another IPC. At that point you will be in a slightly better position of knowing whether the worrying results are really there or variable nonsense.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 127 59.3%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.4%
Back