My first post!

SharlayPro

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
27
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, Just wanted to introduce myself to the forums have been a long time lurker! I have a 20G Red Sea nano max. Tank has currently been running 6 months. Am struggling quite a bit with cynao but i think I'm winning the war 🙃

I have a red sea system but i am so fascinated with the DIY route. Currently in the process of building my own dosing pumps. and building my own tank is next on the list ( I have a strong back ground in construction also coding and development has been a hobby of mine for the past few years!) all seems to tie in quite nicely. look forward to sharing future projects!
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome! "struggle" will be someting that never goes away.

Having a fish tank is management.

If you've ever been a manager you know there is no end. The company never shouts "We're officially managed" and theres a finale. It's work, and you'll figure it out. Read, and try it out and see what works for you.
 
Welcome please post pics of your pumps when you build them.
Thanks Chris! Yes I'll defiantly share. I'm currently just finishing up the final testing phase and ironing out the last few bugs and safe guards. I have built these pumps from the ground up ( even designed my own PCB boards) has been a project that I've been working on for several months so far!
 
Welcome! "struggle" will be someting that never goes away.

Having a fish tank is management.

If you've ever been a manager you know there is no end. The company never shouts "We're officially managed" and theres a finale. It's work, and you'll figure it out. Read, and try it out and see what works for you.
Yes i completely agree. Its been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster that's for sure! But all i have to do is look at some of my favorite tanks and remind myself what i am working towards!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new