My first Reef Tank Reefer 170

ReefDaddyz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi this is my first reef tank. It is a Red Sea Reefer 170. It is just in the cycling stages right now. I am doing a fishless cycle by dosing ammonia. So far equipment I have :

Tank - Red Sea Reefer 170
Return Pump - eFlux 1060
Wave Pump - eFlux 1050
Temp Controller - InkBird WiFi
Heater - Fluval 200 watt
Skimmer - Aquamaxx FC 80
Light - AI Prime 16 HD

I am planning or getting a second wave pump and a second AI Prime but for the time being until I start adding coral.

Here are some pictures of the aquascape if anyone sees any problems I might have please let me know.

65290301-AB9E-4523-9E5F-5CD35D9CCD1D.jpeg

Thanks

Jgerm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
You are off to a great start with the equipment selection. 2 primes will be more than adequate for your tank size and a mixed reef. Is the aquascape secured or is it just stacked?

OP
OP
R

ReefDaddyz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
You are off to a great start with the equipment selection. 2 primes will be more than adequate for your tank size and a mixed reef. Is the aquascape secured or is it just stacked?

It is secured and stacked. The base is pretty secured with epoxy and top half is stacked so I could take out rock if I want to frag or have to remove coral. Is that a problem? Should I epoxy all of it?

Jgerm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is secured and stacked. The base is pretty secured with epoxy and top half is stacked so I could take out rock if I want to frag or have to remove coral. Is that a problem? Should I epoxy all of it?
That is your decision if you want to make it all locked together but as long as your base is that is good. Flat rocks don’t fall over easily.

OP
OP
R

ReefDaddyz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is your decision if you want to make it all locked together but as long as your base is that is good. Flat rocks don’t fall over easily.

Thanks, I just wasn’t sure if there were cons to not locking everything together a besides you kinda stuck with that scape if you ever want to change it. Cycle almost finished should be next week by the way the numbers are rolling. Thanks again!

Back