My first reef tank then vs now

WhitePanther93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2019
Messages
1,642
Reaction score
1,332
Location
Williamstown NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So looking back at some of my old treads I realized that my first ever reef tank is only a couple of months away from the one year mark.

this project started off as a 20 gallon nano tank. Then I upgraded it to a 29. Then a crack formed in the back and I upgraded again to a 60 cube.
After emergency setup and cycling the first inhabitants were my pair of davinci clownfish, a high-fin red bar goby, and a few corals from the previous iteration.
B3757446-A0BD-429D-A836-C458B4039756.jpeg


now a days it has many more inhabitants including a Midas blenny, a blue mandarin, a royal gramma, and a coral beauty, plus probably way too many corals of different varieties.

5B76D35B-674B-45C0-A00C-7A8967C9CE73.jpeg


So what do you guys think?
 
That you should invest in an algae scraper. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Seriously though, your fish all look really healthy.
Your absolutely right. My magnet scraper doesn’t seem to have the pressure to get some of the algae on the glass
 
I wish I had a better camera to take pictures of it with. But for some reason despite how much money this tank cost I can’t seem to convince myself to get a proper camera and macro lense.
 
Looks nice, really like the scape makes it seem bigger then nano size.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new