My First Reef Tank

jdady0420

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2022
Messages
22
Reaction score
13
Location
fort meade
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About five months ago I bought a tank setup from a friend. I bought live sand dry rocks and started my cycle. He has been a huge help with every little questions that pops up. Now five months later I have five fish and two dozen coral and I can’t wait to get more.

E95DF5FA-5448-4A02-BF51-AB51F35BAFC9.jpeg
 
Nice start J, taking your time and nothing too big.
Where would you like to be in a. year?
 
Nice start J, taking your time and nothing too big.
Where would you like to be in a. year?
I’m hoping to successfully grow out a mixed reef softies and lps. Once I have found that I’m successful at keeping coral alive and growing then my plans would be to add anther larger tank in a larger space in the house as a display tank. Current tank resides in game room.
 
I’m hoping to successfully grow out a mixed reef softies and lps. Once I have found that I’m successful at keeping coral alive and growing then my plans would be to add anther larger tank in a larger space in the house as a display tank. Current tank resides in game room.
Nice, I’m sure you’ll find success. Going step-by-step and limiting the mistakes. Sticking with softies and LPS keeps you from the over supplementing mistakes that several of us have run into too early in our careers. Best of luck

Nothing wrong with softies and LPS for coloring flow.

5F43B0DB-91CD-4958-86B0-5DA9F791F99A.jpeg
6D957E45-83CB-4E2E-B51B-C91AAFDAB0C2.jpeg
 
Nice, I’m sure you’ll find success. Going step-by-step and limiting the mistakes. Sticking with softies and LPS keeps you from the over supplementing mistakes that several of us have run into too early in our careers. Best of luck

Nothing wrong with softies and LPS for coloring flow.

5F43B0DB-91CD-4958-86B0-5DA9F791F99A.jpeg
6D957E45-83CB-4E2E-B51B-C91AAFDAB0C2.jpeg
What a beautiful tank.
 
18E67E71-8BB9-4225-A518-A54CC9992237.jpeg
Continuing to add to my tank slowly but steadily.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new