My first SPS. Does it look healthy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rbendikas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rbendikas

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2026
Messages
31
Reaction score
6
Location
Zurich
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, sharing my first SPS (Stylophora). I had it for 6 weeks, tank is 5 months old. I noticed that parts of it that are in the shade during the photoperiod seem to miss polyp extensions and the skeleton is much whiter. Is that a bad sign and how to fix it?



IMG_1478.jpeg

IMG_1477.jpeg
 
I have one smothering half a dozen much more impressive corals. I have basically given up the fight, just as I have with the discosoma.
 
I have one smothering half a dozen much more impressive corals. I have basically given up the fight, just as I have with the discosoma.
..and good look trying to frag them! I broke a bone crusher trying to frag these guys since their skeletal structure is very dense.

I keep high-end discosoma's - keep praying that they'll take over the tank but these guys only drop a new baby every 6 months! ☹️
 
8ca3fe57-289a-4c5f-b276-848ca54f71f1.jpg
1497fd0f-73dd-4542-bd42-b308d289e5c8.jpg
3a0ab896-9eca-4227-9225-bdab6f0ee9c6.jpg
48e6fbcd-69f6-4e46-82ea-6561ff6be231.jpg
Mine looks like this after a year, it started off small and sad so you're on track just give it high lighting, mine sits 2 inches below the water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new