My first sump - 40 breeder baffle kit

Reefer Brent

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2023
Messages
440
Reaction score
264
Location
SWFL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be for a 100g ext overflow likely with bean animal style plumbing. (I say style as I'm sure it will be far from perfect).

I bought an eBay modular marine filter roller refugium baffle kit for an imagitarium 40 breeder. The fit and quality is great! (I had not peeled off the protective paper in the photos)

Here is what my design is currently. I am very open to feedback on everything. Please help me learn from your experience.

Current layout will be hard plumbed reefmat 500 then nyos 160 skimmer then refugium then dual return pumps( 1 dc and 1 ac). Return will have a dual manifold with UV off of one and undecided reactor on the other.

IMG_20260621_130730453_HDR.jpg IMG_20260621_130738381_HDR.jpg IMG_20260621_132959531_HDR.jpg IMG_20260621_133033578_HDR.jpg
 
Any other ideas or problems I might run into?
 
PVC just came in so I'll be dry fitting the reefmat soon
 
Continuing to paint my stand and maybe caulking the sump tomorrow. Any tips? I have caulk spatulas and the baffles should only need a thin clean bead on each side.
 
Continuing to paint my stand and maybe caulking the sump tomorrow. Any tips? I have caulk spatulas and the baffles should only need a thin clean bead on each side.
Hey just curious how you making out with your setup?? I’m in the process of doing a 75gal DT with the same sump setup you have
 
Just curious why you did one ac and DC return pump?
 
Hey just curious how you making out with your setup?? I’m in the process of doing a 75gal DT with the same sump setup you have

Hey slow going for sure. I have siliconed everything in. Now just waiting for an opportunity to plumb it all together.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new