My first Tank 300L / 80g

hackerhippie

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
20
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am completly new into this hobby and I started my tank 4 weeks ago. Here I want to show what I did.

First, a list of the installed components:
White glass aquarium in 120x45x45 with a wall thickness of 10mm
30mm aluminum profile desk in 120x45x60 and black anodized.
Lighting is currently a Giesemann infinity with 2x54Watt T5 ATI BLue + & 2x ATI Coral + and 2x150Watt HQI (Kelvin unknown) but I will change to LED or LED+T5 soon...
Approximately 20kg live rocks
Half a bag of Livesand Redsea
H&S skimmer Hang On
200Watt heating element in the skimmer
Flow pump Aqua Medic EcoDrift 8.2 (change to Ecotechs MP40 next week)


I bought the white glass pool used (the previous owner had operated it as a freshwater aquarium), at that time I had no idea of seawater and did not know that a pool with holes would have been much nicer. First of all, I wanted to use an overflow from Tunze in combination with a sump, but unfortunately I didn't like the Tunze overflow and the entire external piping, so I decided to use a Hangon skimmer. Of course, you are not as flexible as with a sump, but the overflow and all the external piping are eliminated. It has an additional filter chamber and my heater is hidden there, I like it more now even though there is a big box on the side. My next pool will then simply have holes so I can run a sump with it.

Here is a Foto of the Tank from last week,
new.png


I appreciate your opinions and tips!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new