My first tank!!

16fishes

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2026
Messages
24
Reaction score
15
Location
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So excited!

IMG_5933.jpeg
 
Congrats! I like the look you're going for with the scape, but I would personally add a bit more rock just so there is more place to hide and more surface area for beneficial bacteria.
 
Congrats! I like the look you're going for with the scape, but I would personally add a bit more rock just so there is more place to hide and more surface area for beneficial bacteria.
Thanks for the sugesstion! Will do 🫡
 
Hi and Welcome. 🙂

Tell us more about the tank.

Lighting?
Size?
Equipment?

While I love the minimalist look it's my experience that more rock is beneficial. Live cured rock and sand is extremely beneficial.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new