Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Reefer1978, they do use calcium but not to an extent it would drop the tank 100 ppm. Their exoskeleton molts need it, but also like you said steal shells.

Agreed, when I said "don't use calcium" I meant on a detectable level. I have 300 snails and a hundred hermits in my frag system and Calcium is not consumed.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a very small one and it was just in there for a few weeks. I have an upgrade for it. Don’t worry tang police

Im not being tang police. Very few people actually get the upgrade they think they will when they stuff fish in small tanks. The fish probably died of stress and that led to ammonia poisoning to other inhabitants.

What do you recommend I do now

I recommend a large water change and then let the tank sit without fish for a few months while you research.

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As we stated early in the thread, the amount of help you will get is directly proportional to the amount of information you provide. We shouldn't have to go research your other threads.

Read up on Ich, leave the tank without fish for 3 months, QT new fish and treat before you add them back into the tank (AFTER THE FOLLOW PERIOD, NOT NOW), and you should have a healthy tank.

NJDragonet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not being tang police. Very few people actually get the upgrade they think they will when they stuff fish in small tanks. The fish probably died of stress and that led to ammonia poisoning to other inhabitants.

I recommend a large water change and then let the tank sit without fish for a few months while you research.
agreed but he had ich the whole tank

NJDragonet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As we stated early in the thread, the amount of help you will get is directly proportional to the amount of information you provide. We shouldn't have to go research your other threads.

Read up on Ich, leave the tank without fish for 3 months, QT new fish and treat before you add them back into the tank (AFTER THE FOLLOW PERIOD, NOT NOW), and you should have a healthy tank.
[/QUOTE
100% if R2R is going to spend time helping you all we ask is to give us all the info

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you have a photo of your 14g with those fish in it before they died? I would like to see it please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 61 43.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 48.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.5%
Back