OP
Ippyroy

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t enter my kitchen because I have my Brutes in there with rocks and water. I can’t sleep in my bed because I have my lights and other parts on it. I have to move my bed out to build a train set for the hotel. I will call BRS in the morning and see what they can do. If I can get the tank on Wednesday if I have all the plumbing I need I might be able to pull it off. Hopefully they can do something.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
fingers crossed... ;)

OP
OP
Ippyroy

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’ll come to find out the tank has to be drop shipped and that won’t happen until Friday. Therefore; I have to cancel the order. I am working on returning most of the stuff I ordered. I am now down to my 20 gallon AIO. Somehow it went went from an upgrade to a huge downgrade. I am very unhappy right now. I wish I knew how that tank was going to be shipped. I would have done it all differently. Oh well. Live and learn I guess. This will be my last post for a while.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
bummer...hope to see you in the good morning thread,once in a while.
again that really blows...:(

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’ll come to find out the tank has to be drop shipped and that won’t happen until Friday. Therefore; I have to cancel the order. I am working on returning most of the stuff I ordered. I am now down to my 20 gallon AIO. Somehow it went went from an upgrade to a huge downgrade. I am very unhappy right now. I wish I knew how that tank was going to be shipped. I would have done it all differently. Oh well. Live and learn I guess. This will be my last post for a while.
Sorry to hear about your troubles with your tank and this new planned setup.
Do you still want/need the AvastMarine Plank corner shelf? I'll follow up in our PM.

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to hear that things didn’t turn out how you hoped. Hopefully your able to get a setup that you’re happy with at some point even if it’s not the near future. Good luck with whatever happens though!

OP
OP
Ippyroy

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it's not snowing and 45 today. It was 39 for a low. All of the snow has melted and one of the hotels I work for is cutting labor. This is great news for my reefing. I am down to only 60 hours a week. I also got my hours cut back to only 70 a week for the summer. I reordered the tank and it was shipped quickly this time. I should receive it on Tuesday, which means it should be cycling with in a week or two. I also won the $250 coral packs from Queen City Corals. Hopefully I can it all plumbed and running over the next 2 weeks.
All of my rock is dry and dead now. I will be taking it slow, allowing it to cook in the tank. I will be doing several massive water changes. My plan is 50 - 60% every 2 weeks. Hopefully this will help with the die off and NO3 spikes. Hopefully nothing happens between now and then like a massive snowstorm that dumps 3-4 feet on uswith in the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed!

OP
OP
Ippyroy

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the Carib Sea Live Rock shapes and 40lbs of dry sand today. I am too tired to try to build a new scape and I don't trust the used sand. I might use part if it along with the old rocks in the Fuge tank. I will add the old used rocks into the crypto area. I haven't done anything else. The 3rd dose of Moderna knocked me out for a week.

Today I plan on clearing out the top of the stand and placing the new Frag tank on it where it will go. Hopefully I can also start setting up the sump area. I also need to make RODI, but that is very simple and doesn't take long. If i have time, I will also try to plumb in the return pump to the 32. I will set up a manifold and run the Frag/Fuge off of it. If everything goes to plan, I will have water running by Saturday afternoon, fingers crossed.

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the Carib Sea Live Rock shapes and 40lbs of dry sand today. I am too tired to try to build a new scape and I don't trust the used sand. I might use part if it along with the old rocks in the Fuge tank. I will add the old used rocks into the crypto area. I haven't done anything else. The 3rd dose of Moderna knocked me out for a week.

Today I plan on clearing out the top of the stand and placing the new Frag tank on it where it will go. Hopefully I can also start setting up the sump area. I also need to make RODI, but that is very simple and doesn't take long. If i have time, I will also try to plumb in the return pump to the 32. I will set up a manifold and run the Frag/Fuge off of it. If everything goes to plan, I will have water running by Saturday afternoon, fingers crossed.
Wow, you’re moving right along here! Glad that this build is starting to get back on track, I hope you’re enjoying it!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back