My freshwater planted tank, man.

  • Thread starter Thread starter SallyWho
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SallyWho

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2017
Messages
879
Reaction score
669
Location
SW Missouri
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a water change on my freshwater planted tank, and I think I must have failed to sufficiently rinse the 5g bucket I use to refill it. I share buckets between the freshwater tanks and the reef, so there was probably some residual salt. That's my guess, because I went from about 18 fish to 3 overnight. I now have more snails in there than fish. I did another water change just in case, but I'm thinking I'm going to just not restock it. I'll let those three have the 30g tank all to themselves until they die naturally, and then convert the tank to a QT for fish too big to QT in a 20g long. Anybody else have a planted tank that you later converted to salt? Does it just require some really good cleaning? I'm betting my LFS would take the snails and maybe a plant or two, but the rest of the plants would go in the trash- it's just common stuff.
 
Just clean it well and you're good to go. I keep both and have switched tanks between salt and fresh with no issues. I just scrub them with vinegar, rinse well and set it up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new