My future cube plans

Dasani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys my name is Aaron. I currently have a 20g tall nano reef. It has been running for a lil over 5 months now. I am loving and I am going to upgrade. I will transfer everything from my 20H to the new tank. So here is my wishlist so far.
Tank: 40g shallow rimless cube (24inx24inx16in) from glasscages.com
Filtration: My 20H will be the sump. It will have a 1" drain pipe and a 3/4" return pipe. I currently have 15 lbs of live rock, but I am going to add lots more. I'm also getting new sand. Also an eshopps psk 75 skimmer.
Lighting: 250 watt metal halide pendant (20000k) from fishneedit.com
Flow: Mp10, Koralia 1, and the return from an eheim 1048 (return pump).
Heat: 200 watt visi therm heater. Along with my current 50 watt visi therm.
Livestock: My 2 current clowns. Onyx and Black/white. Algae blenny, Tailspot blenny, Yellow Watchman Goby. Maybe one other small fish. Inverts include my current snails and blue leg hermits, and peppermint shrimp. I will add 2 more peppermints, some more snails, and hermits. 1-2 clams.
Not sure on corals yet. I have some zoas, a frogspawn, kenya tree, gsp, green birdsnest, monti cap, and blue tort acro. Those will go in. Not sure what else.

Thats about it for now. Tell me what you guys think :)

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will like the depth the 24" gives you....Clams will look great and you will be able to look at them from top down.....

OP
OP
D

Dasani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard they discontinued mp20's cause the mp10's sold more? O well, But I really dont have an extra $100 laying around. But I will have the koralia and the return pump. I think that will be enough :) Thanks tho.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From everything I am hearing people that have the MP10 and MP20 see no real practical differance.....Except the foot print on the MP10 is smaller which is nice....

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back