My future tank (many years away unfortunately)

booth2010

Newb but eager to learn!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just for fun I have been playing around with a 3D modeling program to design the frame and stand for my future 200 gallon tank. There is no need to follow obviously because this is many years, possibly 10, down the road. Anyways the dimensions for the tank is 72"x24"x24" which is around 208 gallons if I remember correctly. I will hopefully have it made by Reef Savvy with their phantom bottom, ghost overflow (in the middle I think unless advised for a better place), and 3 sides low iron. I will be getting a Synergy Reef Systems Shadow Box sump. The stand will be made with 1" squared steel there may be more supports on it if need be. The top of the stand itself will be a marble counter top 3" tall and with a 1" rectangle cut into the top for the tank to sit in. The siding will either be wood like in the pic or smoked glass, not sure which plenty of time to choose.
Finished project idea 1.jpg
Steel Frame.jpg

OP
OP
booth2010

booth2010

Newb but eager to learn!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I hope but ima need my own house and the tank itself is gonna be around 3-4 grand. But I might buy smaller pieces sooner

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 36 46.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.8%
Back