My Grafted Sticks

meisen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm gotta go try this with some millis....

So I guess the first thing to do would to check for compatibilty (ie dont sting each other or cause recession when touching).

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And to think I am fresh out of SPS and have to start all over......

Nice!

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I guess the first thing to do would to check for compatibilty (ie dont sting each other or cause recession when touching).

Actually, the person with the original colonies of these acros has tried everything from gluing them together to grinding them together to simply placing them together and nothing worked.

Because there were no green colored corals anywhere near the now grafted corals, Steve said he believes that his green pocilaporas spawned in his tank and the other corals may have ingested the floaters then somehow transferred the green pigment into their own skin.

I saw the tank that all of these main colonies are in and the pocci's are 3'+ away from the milli and the divicarta colonies...

thomasdo87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
grafted sps looks pretty cool but what is the appeal? does it look better in person? I want one because its cool with the colors mixing and swirling but im still on the fence if they are THAT cool, the colors seem a little bland

thomasdo87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ahh cool, at least im not the only. but dont get me wrong its a cool coral to have in a collection, just because theres nothing else like.

OP
OP
S

sps4mytank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, there are other nicer corals than grafted sticks. IMO

but these are also nice and just more rare in terms of availablity. I am fortunate to have the green jacket, grafted milli, and the simplex (3 of the 4 pieces that are known grafts) still working on getting the grafted cap, but it'll put a hurt on my pockets

Future Tyree LE Grafted Cap - World Wide Corals - Rare & Exotic Corals - Buy Live Corals Online

Here is my grafted milli i got from steve garrett
PC210048.jpg

not much change in the green jacket or simplex

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy looking stuff. Other than the WWC grafted cap, what are some of these pieces fetching these days? Just curious as I'm sure they are rare...

cmjreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard Reef Life magazine no longer exists. Last issue was the LAST issue. Too bad, I liked it.

cmjreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought Emster from RC created that grafted Monti cap. I saw it personally in his display and more than one frag in his frag tank. Funny.

OP
OP
S

sps4mytank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy looking stuff. Other than the WWC grafted cap, what are some of these pieces fetching these days? Just curious as I'm sure they are rare...

The Grafted Millie was 80 and my grafted divercata was 100 last I checked on the website. Unfortunately the list is super long. My grafted simplex was 90, also one thats hard to find.

All three pieces are growing steadily for me, but i did just start MB7 and vodka so we shall see where that takes me

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought Emster from RC created that grafted Monti cap. I saw it personally in his display and more than one frag in his frag tank. Funny.
not the same coral, mine was done by accident by a colony that came from seaworld, I still have the giant mother colony and its huge and here at the store for anyone to see, I also know Emster and we have traded corals before but he never gave me a frag, you are more than welcome to ask him :wink: or you can ask the manager at seaworld(Justin Zimerman) he runs the reef deparment :tongue: Hope that clear things up for you.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back