My Gyre is Here!

retiredsailor

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2014
Messages
196
Reaction score
95
Location
drums, pa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

I ordered it last week right after it went on sale. I'm really excited and completely geeking out! Unfortunately I've decided I am going to be a grown-up about it and read the directions first. Then I shall register the warranty and watch their training videos. I would love to set it up today but there is a massive storm coming and I can see us losing power and the gyre getting a spike and going belly up on me on the very first day! Because that's the way my luck runs. Hopefully I can update this be the end of the weekend.

Ian
 
So far so good. The instructions were easy to understand. The videos were good as well. Set-up was dirt simple. Unless you needlessly make it difficult, like me, it sets up really quick. It's not hard at all. The only thing that presented any difficulty was adjusting the covers to change the direction of the discharge. Trying to do it while it's in the water it's hard to get a good grip. So you take an extra minute turning it off and taking it out. Problem easily solved.

The only reason it took more than 20 minutes was because I treated it very delicately. It wasn't necessary at all. I'm just paranoid. I would definitely recommend it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new