My Harlequin Pair

Armydogracing

Zoa Collector
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2015
Messages
616
Reaction score
567
Location
Ankeny Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Harlequin shrimp eating their dinner. These 2 are amazing had a ton of asterina stars and they decimated them in about 2 weeks.
20161211_192229-01.jpeg
20161211_192241-01.jpeg
 
The Hawaiian have a lot more vibrant colors.
The blue is like actinic blue and the red from the female is maroon/red.
c07bd0600eabb321389ad1164d14878a.jpg



13d882b1647e04e5c2a1e57f4d61df46.jpg


harlequin-shrimp_620.jpg


 
Mine look like the top and middle pic that you posted

Than you're a lucky guy if so.
Most of them come from Asia.
The Hawaiian are special order as a pair runs you close to $150.
 
Just got me one today, I didn't know there were two different kinds. I will have to dig into this some more. The one we have is tiny about 1/2 - 3/4 of inch long. 125 gallon with about 5k astria stars. He has his work cut out for him/her.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new